Email the ReStore at ReStore@habitatboston.org
We have 2 options to help you donate your gently used items
You can visit our West Roxbury location and our staff will be happy to assist you in offloading your items.
Donations are accepted Tuesday through Saturday, 10:00am to 4:00pm.
Bring your acceptable donation items to the ReStore at 1580 VFW Parkway, West Roxbury, MA.
Scroll down for a list of items we accept.
Schedule a donation pick-up:
You can also contact us by phone or email to schedule a donation pick-up for qualifying items.
Remodeling, cleaning out, downsizing or just getting organized?
Consider donating your excess household goods and building materials to the ReStore in Boston. We’ll gladly take new and gently-used items off your hands and you’ll get the satisfaction of knowing they helped support local families and didn’t end up in the landfill. All of your donations are tax-deductible.
For businesses, donating to the ReStore is a great way to move discontinued or excess stock, deal with gently used returns, and show your customers that you care about the environment and your community.
If you wish to make a monetary donation to Habitat for Humanity Greater Boston
visit www.habitatboston.org/donate or call 617-423-2223. Thank you!
Donation Items For Drop Off or Pick Up
This list is meant as a guideline. ReStore staff have the right of refusal on all donations based on the condition of the item(s) and our store's need.
Some of these items may be for drop-off only.
(All donations must be in working order)
Less than 8 years old:
- Cook Tops
- Dishwashers (never installed/certified lead free)
- Small Appliances
- Stoves (free-standing)
- Stained Glass Windows
Donate your old car, truck, boat, RV, motorcycle or other vehicle (running or not!).
Call 1-877-277-4344, or visit the Cars for Homes website.
- Garden Tools
- Lawn Mowers
- Lumber (drop off only)
- Nails, Screws, etc.
- Power Tools (with safety guards)
- Shingles (new only; quantity of ten bundles or more)
- Snow Blowers
- Bathroom Vanities
- Kitchen Cabinets (all hardware intact)
- Medicine Cabinets
- Doors (All types, new)
- Shutters (interior and exterior)
- Windows (new/never installed)
- Engineered Flooring
- Hardwood, Wall and Floor Tile (100 sq ft minimum)
- Linoleum (new only)
- Bed Frames
- Buffet Servers/Sideboards (as part of set)
- Bureaus/Dressers/Clothing Armoires
- Coffee/End Tables
- Conference Tables
- Decorative Clocks
- Desks (3' x 5' or smaller)
- File Cabinets
- Framed Mirrors
- Head/Foot Boards
- Outdoor Furniture
- Tables and Chairs
- Upholstered Furniture (not ripped, worn, broken or faded)
- Cabinet/Door Knobs
- Electrical Hardware
- Window Hardware
- Decorative Accessories
- Dishes, Pots/Pans
- Wall Hangings
- Ceiling Fans/Lights
- Chandeliers/Pendant Lights
- Desk/Floor Lamps
- Faucets (certified lead-free)
- Sinks, Tubs, and Toilets (new)
Items To Donate Elsewhere
- Baby Items/Toys/Furniture
- Carpet/Carpeting (unbound)
- CDs/DVDs/DVD Players(unless new)
- Counter Tops
- Fitness Equipment/Exercise Machines
- Garage Doors
- Glass, unframed
- Hazardous Materials/Chemicals
*Check the Massachusetts Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs for information on how to properly dispose of these items.
- In-wall Stoves
- Light Bulbs
- Mattresses/Box Springs
- Medical Equipment
- Non-residential size Doors
- Pet Items
- Platform and Trundle Beds
- Sofa Beds
- Shower Doors
- Storm Windows/Single Pane Windows
- Swingsets/Playground Equipment
- TV Armoires/Entertainment Centers
- Used/unwrapped Fiberglass