Volunteer at the ReStore and Help Us Achieve Our Mission
All proceeds from ReStore sales support Habitat for Humanity’s mission of building affordable homes in partnership with working families in our local community. In addition to helping build homes, community, and hope, ReStore purchases help keep tons of usable materials out of landfills.
Volunteers like you help us achieve our mission by keeping our store operations running smoothly. Volunteers create a unique, fun, easy-going, creative work environment that encourages our customers to keep coming back. We are truly thankful for everyone who has helped us along the way.
We can find valuable work for nearly all skill levels. If you have the compassion and dedication to improve your community, we’d love to hear from you.
If you have a specific skill set that you feel could benefit our program please contact Mark Auterio at 617-327-1170 or firstname.lastname@example.org.Sign Up to Volunteer:
- We need ReStore volunteers Tuesdays through Saturdays from 9:30 am to 5pm.
- Find a day listed as “ReStore Volunteers Needed” on the Volunteer Calendar.
- Submit a Volunteer Application to schedule your volunteer day!
- You will be contacted within a few days with a confirmation and details.
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years old.
What to Expect on Your Volunteer Day:
Every day at the ReStore is a little different, and everything you do to help is important, so we appreciate your flexibility as a volunteer!
Your volunteer assignments at the ReStore may include:
- loading and unloading vehicles
- receiving donations
- sorting materials (like lumber, small hardware, tile, tools, furniture, etc.)
- creating store displays
- performing basic maintenance duties such as sweeping, cleaning and organizing our aisles
Occasionally, we’ll have a special project that comes up like sorting bin tables, reupholstering furniture, or painting.
We need volunteers on a regular basis, and are particularly interested in volunteers able to make a regular, recurring time commitment. Returning volunteers help us train new volunteers and keep the ReStore running smoothly. Come try a day and then let our Volunteer Coordinator know if you're interested.What to Wear / What to Bring:
- All volunteers must wear sturdy, closed-toed shoes. No exceptions.
- Wear work clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Wear clothes appropriate for the weather. Some areas of the ReStore are not heated, or you may be working outside.
- Please refrain from wearing imaging on your clothing that may be offensive or inappropriate, as you will be representing Habitat for Humanity during your volunteer shift.
- Bring a water bottle if you have one, and a lunch if you will be working all day.
- Please leave your MP3 players and other valuables at home.
- Bring a good sense of humor and flexible attitude, as we have come to expect the unexpected!
- We are unable to accommodate volunteers under the age of 16.
- If you are under 18, you MUST either be accompanied by an adult OR have your waiver signed by your parent or guardian.
- For safety purposes, please do not bring earbuds or headphones.
- Sign in at the register and fill out a volunteer waiver.
- If you are under 18, your waiver must be signed by a parent before you can begin working.
- You will receive an orientation and tour of the store before starting on the day’s task list.